Mullinax Custom Order FAQs
- Q: Why should I order a vehicle?
A: Because you can get exactly what you want, and get it sooner.
The reason is rooted in the 2020 pandemic-related semiconductor chip shortage, which had a significant effect on supply chains for various industries and auto production in particular. Chips are essential for all sorts of electronics, from smartphones to computers to appliances … and vehicles.
Demand for autos, which dropped during the health crisis, is rebounding, but those supply chain issues have kept chips in short supply. As a result, Ford and other automakers have been limiting production of new vehicles, which means fewer cars and trucks coming onto the lot.
Now with this order program, you can get exactly what you want. Custom orders move to the front of the production line.
- Q: What is another reason to order a vehicle?
A: If you order your vehicle, you’ll get exactly what you want: one built exclusively to suit you and your lifestyle.
- Q: Why should I custom order from Mullinax Ford of West Palm Beach instead of another dealership?
A: Unlike many of our competitors, we never charge dealer fees, which can save our buyers an average of $900 per vehicle. Pricing and deals are locked in – just add tax and tag to the figure we give you.
Plus, we are really nice people who believe in a stress-free, no-hassle, no-haggle sales experience.
- Q: What’s the difference between a stock unit and a custom order?
A: Stock units are the vehicles that we have at the dealership – the ones sitting on the lot waiting to catch a buyer’s eye. We get them directly from the factory with styles, options and colors that are popular among buyers this season.
Buyers can easily find a stock vehicle on our website or browse the lot in person so they can sit in the driver’s seat, test the sound system and enjoy the “new car” smell. Pre-pandemic, drivers could take delivery of a stock vehicle quickly, sometimes the same day they look at it or test drive it.
But stock buyers have to take what’s available. You may have your heart set on a red SUV, for instance, but end up with a different color if there’s no red one on the lot.
When you place a custom order, you get a vehicle designed specifically for you and your lifestyle. Color, options, engine, transmission, tires, heated leather seats – you get the thrill of building your ride from the ground up.
- Q: What happens if I change my mind and I decide I want a different vehicle – or don’t want to buy anything after all?
A: You have no obligation to buy. You can change your mind for any reason, and we will just put the vehicle on the lot as a stock unit.
- Q: Is custom ordering only for purchased vehicles or can I custom order a leased vehicle?
A: Absolutely. People custom order leased vehicles all the time.
- Q: What happens if the price changes after I order my vehicle?
A: When you custom order a vehicle, your price is locked in. If the price goes down before your vehicle is delivered, we’ll adjust the pricing to reflect the drop. If the price goes up, we’ll honor the original amount. Either way, you get the best price.
- Q: What is the process for custom ordering a vehicle?
A: It’s simple. You can start here by filling out the Start Your Custom Order form above. After you input your preliminary information, one of our salespeople will contact you to guide you through the rest of the process.
Or, if you prefer, you can call or come by Mullinax Ford of West Palm Beach and speak directly to a member of our sales staff to start your order.
Either way, your salesperson will stay in contact with you throughout the process and let you know when the vehicle is ready for delivery.
- Q: How long will it take to have my vehicle delivered?
A: Lead times will vary by model and configuration but Ford will make every effort to expedite your order.
- Q: Is there an extra cost for ordering a vehicle?
A: No, neither Mullinax Ford of West Palm Beach nor Ford Motor Company charges extra for custom orders.
- Q: Is my ordered vehicle eligible for Ford incentives?
A: Yes! Your custom order is eligible for qualifying incentives at the time of order placement or qualifying incentives at the time of final delivery, whichever is preferred.
- Q: If I would like to finance my purchase or lease my ordered vehicle, how can I do that?
A: We'll be happy to explain your payment options and help you arrange financing.
- Q: Where and when would I get my VIN to track my vehicle?
A: Your salesperson will provide you the VIN once it's been established by Ford.
- Q: That sounds pretty easy! Is there anything else I should be aware of?
A: No, that’s it! If you have any other questions, give us a call or visit us at Mullinax Ford of West Palm Beach.